How to root a HTC Wildfire
The following steps will void the warranty of the device and there is no guaranty that it will work on your device!
- First of all you will need to know what version of HBOOT the device is using and the serial number of it
- If HBOOT is not 1.01.0001 you have to downgrade to HTC Froyo WWE for Revolutionary
- Download & install the HTC Sync drivers
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled on the device
- Download Revolutionary 0.4pre4
- Connect the HTC Wildfire to the computer via USB
- Launch the Revolutionary software and enter in the beta key you got from the revolutionary website
- Revolutionary will now root the device, set S-OFF and install clockwork recovery. The device will reboot on its own afterwards
- Now you can flash a custom ROM with the help of clockwork recovery
If all these steps are finished successfully you are root and, if you have flashed a new custom ROM, you are running a newer version of Android.